Eleventh Commandment of Politics (dead woman or live man)

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jan 9 04:54:44 UTC 2007

I meant to say that I assume the date the episode aired was August 16, 1978, and of course the reference should be to the IMDB quotes page.  It seems that this isn't my night for accurate emailing.

John Baker

________________________________

From: American Dialect Society on behalf of Baker, John
Sent: Mon 1/8/2007 6:25 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Eleventh Commandment of Politics (dead woman or live man)

        For some reason, I keep writing YBK instead of YBQ, but this is
the first time I failed to catch it, I think.  I believe I'm
subconsciously influenced by Y2K, and perhaps also by the possible
abbreviation "BK" for book.

        Dallas ran from 1978 to 1991 (although the IAMB quotes page just
says 1978).  However, a summary on
http://dallas.angelcities.com/summaries.html suggests that the line was
used in Season 1, Episode 13, which aired August 16 (I assume that's
August 16, 1998).  Maybe a Dallas fan can confirm the line and original
air date.

John Baker