Discovery Channel film group

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Wed Jan 10 20:55:48 UTC 2007

Colleagues,

Those of you who were at the ADS Annual Meeting will recall that a
film group that will produce an hour-long documentary called "The Joy
of Lex" for the Discovery Channel was there filming us in our WOTY
deliberations. They now seek to add some depth and breadth to this
film and are looking at several other possibilities. One topic they
want to touch on is "family language." They would be interested in
references to articles (or perhaps even anecdotal evidence from
members) about how families (yes, even yours) had or have words of
their very own. If you know of any such references (or have a really
good story to tell), please send them to me (preston at msu.edu), and I
will see that they are sent on (with proper credit of course). I'm
also aware that there are some studies of remarkable "twin languages"
out there, but acquisition is not my bag, and I have no references
for that. That would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

dInIs
--
It should be the chief aim of a university professor to exhibit
himself [sic] in his own true character - that is, as an ignorant man

Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor
Department of English
Morrill Hall 15-C