Smashed Potatoes--just for fun

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sat Jan 13 14:25:59 UTC 2007

On the Food Channel yesterday evening, the beautiful Giada DeSomebody prepared what she called "smashed potatoes" (unpeeled potatoes, as Hillary and Jesse noted here, left somewhat chunky). However, in the process she frequently--and exclusively--used the verb "mash" (and she employed a potato MASHER). Evidently, one does not SMASH potatoes in order to participialize them!

--Charlie