Spears/peckers

Mon Jan 15 18:12:50 UTC 2007

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that there is a parallel to
"peckerwood" in "whickerbill." It, too, can be a bird, a penis (or
the foreskin of it), or a yokel, with the bonus meaning of "a thin,
raised edge on a airfoil or fan blade that adds downward force."

I did a bit of digging on the term in 2005. I did not define the bird
portion of the term, as that is widely covered elsewhere.

http://www.dtww.org/index.php/dictionary/whickerbill/

"Scissorbill" may also share some meanings.

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/