Sort of blend: "the 900 pound elephant in the room"

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Jan 21 18:23:22 UTC 2007

And you can be sure that, at that (900 lb) weight, it's either red or
white.
One might also suspect that if it was found with DC's belt-tightening way
it might be referred to, in another mixed metaphor, as the declawed 900 lb
elephant.
doug