British "geezer" = American "gangster"?

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Jan 24 18:51:20 UTC 2007

 "Geezer" also is, or was, the British pronunciation of *geyser*, which, as
the  word for a type of on-site, on-demand water heater, sometimes rather
alarmed the American tourist in the UK, on being given instructions as to
how to manage the geyser in the bathroom.

~@:>   ~@:>   ~@:>   ~@:>

The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list