anti-WOTY blogging

Rex W. Stocklin stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jan 28 18:41:17 UTC 2007

At 1:50 PM +0000 1/22/07, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:

>Granted, it's still basically a stunt word, but now it's being
>perceived (by some) as *our* stunt word...

Yeah but... for a stunt word, isn't it glorious? Trips right off the
lips. Much more visually and aurally appealing than "swift-boated",
IMHO. Mayhap, NOT as fun? One COULD argue that in the diminutive
celestial body's case, the latter could have applied as well. Though
I would think more like "Charoned" or Tom Swift-boated, but that's
just being silly.

Of this word's validity....to use the seemingly perennial
word-of-the-year, I contend this is a case of fact or truthiness. But
still a fun word, nevertheless.

Just your dumbass vulgarian,
Rex,
Fishers, IN