favorited?

Mon Jan 29 16:52:23 UTC 2007

Larry wrote:

Yes, "friend" as a verb, sponsored by facebook.com, is definitely in
the permanent lexicon, at least temporarily.  It started popping up
in my students' New Word Journals 3 years ago, and now they now it's
already too established to slip by me. (Nice example, because it's
clearly different from the established "befriend".) "Favorite" and
"street" as verbs are certainly fresher.

 <<<<<

I've never used facebook, but "friend" in this sense seems to be standard on
LiveJournal: 'add someone to your Friends list'.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]