honcho > honchas

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Jan 31 13:22:28 UTC 2007

Again, I fear I am asking a stupid, fundamental, obvious question
that is firmly grounded in my deep ignorance:

Can we understand folk etymology as yet another instance of the
constant reanalysis of the language that speakers perform on the
language?

If not, what's the current linguistic understanding of what "folk
etymology" is?

---Amy West