Vitamin G (grease); Chicken Fried Bacon (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Fri Jul 6 03:26:00 UTC 2007

In medical school, on psychiatry rotations, we used to describe patients as
having "a vitamin T deficiency."  The "T" being Thorazine (chlopromazine),
an anti-psychotic agent that I think has been largely replaced by newer
agents.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Vitamin G (grease); Chicken Fried Bacon (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

When I was in college (early 1980's) I knew some people who had more
than a passing acquaitance with the drug scene.  They would call
qualudes "vitamin Q" and LSD "vitamin A" (for acid).  I don't
specifically remember other such constructions, but I'm sure "vitamin"
was overused that way, and referred to many other drugs.  (LSD was also
called Lawrence Stanley Davidson and Cousin Sid, if I recall correctly).