"Don't shit where you eat"

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Sat Jul 7 20:52:55 UTC 2007

Yes, I'd switch hands if I'm thinking fast enough, but if I slip it
wouldn't (presumably) be offensive to (non-Muslim) Americans.  In fact, I
may deliberately use my left hand as a sign of friendship, as opposed to
the formality of the right hand shake.  But since we have 5 or 6 Muslim
grad students every year, I try to be extra careful when greeting them.

Beverly