NewsBank content problems (again)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 11 01:40:40 UTC 2007

Where do I start?
GOOD NEWS: I contacted the Austin (TX) Public Library about a change of
address and other matters. It appears that the University of Texas at Austin  will
actually subscribe to America's Historical Newspapers. I'd been begging a
dozen librarians since September.
JUNE'S NEW CONTENT TO GENEALOGYBANK:
(_http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/newcontent.html_
(http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/newcontent.html) )
It's July 10th, and June's new content has finally been posted. A new
addition is the San Antonio Daily Express, from "1/24/1857 to 12/25/1828."
Backwards dating, perhaps? Did the San Antonio Daily Express even exist in  1828?
Also in the new content is the Louisville (KY) Weekly Courier-Journal,
5/19/1879 to 12/29/1889. Louisville was a major American city back  then, with the
Courier-Journal (and its editor, Col. Henry Watterson)  highly regarded. I'd
found "Windy City" citations in the 1885  Courier-Journal.
However, a check of "Windy City" doesn't show any Courier-Journal  citations,
except 1888 and 1889. It's possible that the "Weekly Courier-Journal"  is
different from the "Courier-Journal," but I'd found numerous "Windy  City"
citations 1885-1887.
The GenealogyBank title list
(_http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/sourcelistNewspapers.html#Kentucky_
(http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/sourcelistNewspapers.html#Kentucky) ) should  include everything--June's additions and all else.
But the Louisville  Courier-Journal is listed only for "1999-Current" in
"America's  Obituaries."
The June new content list shows that something called Forlorn Hope (NY)
3/24/1800 has been added, but that doesn't show up on the master title list,
either. The Madison, WI publications called the Wisconsin Daily Patriot,
Wisconsin Democrat, and Wisconsin State Journal were added in June, but none of  those
three shows up on the master title list on July 10th.
AMERICA'S HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS, SERIES 4 AND SERIES 5
_http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn4.cfm_
(http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn4.cfm)
_http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn5.cfm_
(http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn5.cfm)
Yes, it's still "last updated May 23rd, 2007," and everything is still
listed as "forthcoming." I've been told by someone at NewsBank that they'll
correct that right away, but that never happens.
Jeez, I just want to pay for and receive newspaper databases. I want to  know
what I'm paying for. It's so goddamn hard!