crapper 1910...and more

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 18 18:52:28 UTC 2007

My wife, from NE PA, where Hallowe'en is a major holiday with local
peculiarities - houses and yards are decorated a la Christmas; kids
are expected to *earn* their goodies by demonstrating an entertaining
talent to householders, etc. - says "Hollow-,"
though, as a favor to me, she attempts to use "Hallow-," in my presence.

-Wilson

On 7/18/07, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: crapper 1910...and more
>
> My wife (fellow New Yorker that she is) says "Holloween." I don't.
>
>   JL
>
> Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens