premack (verb)

Evan Bradley yevb00 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 25 12:58:34 UTC 2007

I'm familiar with the noun"mack," as in "mack daddy."

M-W has:
mack daddy
Etymology: argot mac, mack pimp, probably short for obsolete argot
mackerel, from Middle English makerel, from Anglo-French makerelle
procuress, ultimately from Middle Dutch mAkelaer broker
1 slang : a conspicuously successful pimp
2 slang : a slick womanizer
3 slang : one that is the best

Wiktionary adds: "(slang) Hitting on a potential sexual target." Here
it's listed as noun, but I've heard it used as a verb, e.g. " to mack
(on) (someone)". see also "get your mack on"
[ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+your+mack+on ]
[ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mack ]

In the context of a book about the dating game, I believe Sohn is
referring to the days before Strauss became successful with the
ladies/got in the game.  I don't know how successful David Premack is
in this area, but I doubt it has a connection here.

Evan