Lego vs. Legos: Americanism? Regionalism?

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Thu Jul 26 11:07:00 UTC 2007

Lego is what it's called in Europe.  I deal with this a little in this blog
entry:

<http://separatedbyacommonlanguage.blogspot.com/2006/07/countmass-nouns-potato-egg-tax-sport.html>

Lynne

--On Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:10 pm -0500 Darla Wells
<dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU> wrote:

> Legos, Bossier City, Louisiana maybe around the 70's. Definitely Legos,
> San Bernardino, California, 1990, Wichita Falls, Texas, 1996.
> Darla
>
> With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince. With science, you can turn
> a frog into a Ph.D and you still have the frog you started with. (Terry
> Pratchett)

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer and Head of Department
Linguistics and English Language