"Never play cards with a guy named Doc...." (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Jul 26 22:45:25 UTC 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Courtesy of Amazon's search inside the book:
_A Walk on the Wild Side_
"But blow wise to this, buddy, blow wise to this:  Never play cards with
a man called Doc.  Never eat at a place called Mom's.  Never sleep with
a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.  Never let nobody talk
you into shaking another man's jolt.  And never cop another man's plea.
I've tried 'em all and I know.  They don't work. "

If you search _Man With the Golden Arm_, you get nada.  I searched for
"play cards," "Doc", "troubles,"  "sleep with," and "never eat".