words starting with "ex"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 27 12:52:50 UTC 2007

I just heard an ad for "expedia.com" in which the talker clearly said
"ixpedia" in the ad at least once, but in the end he said slowly and
deliberately "expedia".  Faced with this free variation, I'd have to go with
"ex", and possibly give "ix" as a secondary as a pronunciation guide.  I
assume m-w.com is shooting for the majority form of pronunciation.  That
would still be "ex" in USA in my estimation.

See truespel.com - and the 4  truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at
authorhouse.com.