BOLO (Be on the Look-Out)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 3 05:24:15 UTC 2007

BOLO + BE ON THE--55,400 Google hits
Texas has approve the "bolo tie" as the official state tie. Don't get me
started with Texas.
In connection with today's JFK terror plot, there's BOLO (be on the
lookout). How old is this?
FYI: NewspaperArchive is acting crazy with its redesign, and GenealogyBank
("updated monthly") still hasn't added any new material for May.
(GOOGLE BOOKS)
_Without Chains, Free - Page 207_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=Z9wUAAAAMAAJ&q=bolo+"be+on+the+lookout"&dq=bolo+"be+on+the+lookout")
by Asher Joel - 1977 - 285  pages
"Not everyone has to fight with a gun or a bolo.  ... Be on the lookout for
people
who might betray us. Remember  it's going to be risky. ...
..
_The Stranger Beside Me - Page  273_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=pRbJvuO_tz4C&q=bolo+"be+on+the+look+out"&dq=bolo+"be+on+the+look+out")
by  Ann Rule - 1981
A BOLO (Be On the Look-Out)  bulletin ...
_Beauty and the Beast: a novel of the 87th  Precinct - Page 136_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=OnszCnE-aJcC&q=bolo+"be+on+the+lookout"&dq=bolo+"be+on+th
e+lookout")
by Ed McBain - 1984
I've put out an all-points  bulletin—excuse me, BOLO, I'll ... That's a 'Be
on
the Lookout For,' it means every law enforcement officer in the  state'll be
_Everything She Ever Wanted: A True Story of Obsessive Love,  Murder, and
Betrayal - Page 66_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=yTghHwLxhtwC&q=bolo+"be+on+the+lookout"&dq=bolo+"be+on+the+lookout")
by Ann "*Rule - 1992
Captain Lynn  got on the radio and broadcast a BOLO (be on the lookout for)
on
Tom Allanson, giving the additional descriptive information on his
appearance. ...