virus = "any disease-causing organism whatsoever"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Jun 5 15:58:32 UTC 2007

Perhaps the metaphorical use of the term "virus" in computer parlance has resulted in the broadening of the literal application to organic pathogens? After all, there ARE no computer bacteria!

--Charlie