article

Laurence Urdang urdang at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jun 8 14:43:16 UTC 2007

Sorry . . . again!
  I didn't want to promise, for it is often almost impossible to retrieve an article from a day-old paper, but here is the evidence I was trying to send you yesterday, from the Daily Telegraph.
  L. Urdang

  This is a provisional transcript of the conversation between Emily, Charley and Nicky that led to Emily's departure from the house.
                     Emily Parr: Out
  Emily: (referring to Charley dancing/pushing her hips forward) You pushing it out you n*****.
  Nicky: (shocked laughter) Em, I can't believe you said that.
  Charley: You are in trouble.
  Emily: Don't make a big thing out of it then. I was joking.
  Charley: I know you were... but that's some serious shit, sorry.
  Emily: Why?
  Charley: Oh my God. I'm not even saying it.
  Nicky: Just don't talk about it anymore.
  Emily: I was joking
  Charley: Do you know how many viewers would watch that?
  Nicky: Okay, don't make a big deal out of it.
  Charley: Fancy you saying that. I can't believe you said that.
  Emily: Somebody has already used that word in this house.
  Charley: No way. (Pause) Yeah, me. I'm a n*****.
  Nicky laughs.
  Charley: I am one. Fancy you saying it. I know maybe you see it in a rap song. Maybe you and your friends sit there saying it.
  Emily: I'm friendly with plenty of black people.
  Nicky: And you call them niggers?
  Emily: Yeah and they call me n******. They call me wiggers as well.
  Nicky: I'm quite shocked.
  Charley: I'm f****** in shock.
  Emily: It's not a big deal though is it?
  Charley: Not for us it ain't. F*** me.