celebutard

ddr11 ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Fri Jun 8 16:55:30 UTC 2007

I'm all, does the folk spelling "celebuty" have anything to do with it?

It's a googlewhack in the singular, but I've totally seen undergrads write
it.  Google turns up an alternate spelling "celebut".

Seven hits for the plural "celebuties", three for "celebutys", googlewhack
for "celebuts".

There's some wiggle room in popular phonology between /yu/ and /ri ~ li/,
viz. "nucular", "ambliance", and so on.

--Dave R

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Arnold M. Zwicky" <zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: celebutard

> i suppose that this would be the time to note the appearance of
> "celebuturd", especially with reference to Paris Hilton.
>
> arnold

David D. Robertson
PhD candidate
Department of Linguistics