Another kind of buddy

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 12 15:14:15 UTC 2007

I received a suggestive email this morning asking if I was looking for a
"fuck buddy," which got me interested in that phrase. After searching Google
Books I found a clear citation from 1988.
"This is my hot little fuck buddy, bet you wished you had one."
(http://books.google.com/books?id=0beFHDjvLJcC&pg=PA112&dq=%22fuck+buddy%22&sig=-rGEmczcLT1iSW4Tzk_y4wqozwI)

There is also a citation from 1985, but I can't confirm the copyright date
because it is only in snippet view.
"He is what they call in the parlance a "fuck buddy.""
(http://books.google.com/books?id=EL2iFtUbhY8C&q=%22fuck+buddy%22&dq=%22fuck+buddy%22&pgis=1)

Interesting sidenote: this phrase more often shows up in gay-based works on
Google Books.
BTW, does anyone know who to see all of the hits on Google Groups? When I
search and get 9000 hits for this phrase, I can only see the first ten pages
but I suspect there are more. I've had this happen before.

Scot LaFaive

Live Hotmail.