Another kind of buddy

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Tue Jun 12 18:56:36 UTC 2007

I know from a source that in the 1990s a Canadian auto-parts plant
singled out the term "buddy" as unacceptable because of harassment
connotations.

Are these sexual senses of buddy connected with "bunky"?  I had an ex-
Navy acquaintance who called me that and it always struck a
discordant note for me.

Erik