Modern Proverbs appeal

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Jun 12 23:45:24 UTC 2007

That word "filksong" is said to have originated as a typographical error for "folksong." Is there a category of words with that kind of derivation?

I remember an old version of WordPerfect (oh, how I miss WordPerfect and hate MSWord!) would always correct my spelling of the word "folksong," surmising that I had endeavored to say "filching"!

--Charlie