Modern Proverbs appeal

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 13 00:57:35 UTC 2007

Not to mention that "kee-mo-sa-bay" can quite easily be understood as
an eye-phonetic rendering of "kimosabe." And who knows what Tonto
actually said, heard through the three-inch speaker of a
civilian-grade, WWII, table-model superheterodyne bravely attempting
to pull in a 5,000-watt, local am station?

Unnh. That right, kimosabe.

-Wilson

On 6/12/07, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Modern Proverbs appeal
>
> I can't recall offhand where I got the "kimosabe" spelling, but as it appeared to be official, that's how it appears in HDAS II.
>
>   JL
>
> Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens