Best buds

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Wed Jun 13 12:58:39 UTC 2007

I have heard "best buds" for years, especially to describe a long-
standing male-male friendship, perhaps with roots in childhood.  I
throw that last part in because there is something playful about
"best buds" as a phrase that requires explaining away or context
clarification, at least in a homophobic climate.

Erik