Another kind of buddy

Bradley A. Esparza baesparza at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 13 17:57:09 UTC 2007

Having grown up in the Calvinistic and Lutheran stronghold of Seattle where
you merely step over the drunk passed out on the sidewalk as not to bring
attention to his state, "Hey, Buddy" would be rude. A bum would use that to
get your attention to ask for change. "Hey" by itself is fine, or "ma'am" or
"sir" or "Excuse me", but never "Hey, buddy". If you wanted to start a bar
fight, that would be a good ice-breaker.

Bradley A. Esparza
World's Fair Baby