Another kind of buddy

Paul Johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Thu Jun 14 13:25:24 UTC 2007

Quite a while since I've heard either but;
I remember "buddy" used as a salutation more when being panhandled then
anything else. From the song, "Buddy can you spare a dime"?  Occasional
past tense "we were buddies back in the...."

"Pal" seemed to be used more often as an aggressive, derogatory  comment
then as a friendly greeting. People seem to start calling each other
"pal" just before the bar fight starts.