"moose milk": antedatings and postdating

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jun 16 20:59:36 UTC 2007

Most "moose milk" hits are 1926-1927, from the Mutt  & Jeff comic.
(GOOGLE NEWS ARCHIVES)

_The Davenport Tribune (Newspaper) - August 31, 1893,  Davenport, Iowa_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/newspapers1/na0027/3230601/16691882.html)
Subscription - Davenport Tribune - NewspaperArchive - Aug 31, 1893     for I
Of four saw The The without  them I should know no more J then sent out a wail
fTTT 4.1 N  for a diet Of moose milk. Of The outsme V. ...

_The Sandusky Star Journal (Newspaper) - October 31,  1911, Sandusky,..._
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/newspapers1/na0018/2121511/12472543.html)
Subscription - Sandusky Star Journal - NewspaperArchive - Oct 31, 1911
after The degree a lunch of Moose  milk and The trimmings. i Be a good there's
no AO-.v don'T  Be a crab and others abuse. Throw down j and boost like The
...    _The Lima News (Newspaper) - September 8, 1912, Lima,  Ohio_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/newspapers1/na0028/5453837/20173104.html)
Subscription  - Lima News - NewspaperArchive - Sep 8,  1912     ... Bull
Mooser, yet It was W  e. Rudy who seconded The nomination of Jennings, Blood
thicker  than water But to we Rudy It is not thicker than Moose  milk. ...
(POST TO ADS-L ON JANUARY 1, 2004)
MOOSE MILK

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Soda Springs Sun -  6/5/1941
...There, at any rate, they plainly drank more MOOSE-MILK than  was good for
them. I could..
Soda Springs, Idaho Thursday, June 05,  1941  819 k

Soda Springs Sun - 4/3/1941
...2are  JkJXtet Son in them the post. days. MOOSE-MILK after tha mushed on  f
his nex They.....a andasked if I'd swing in with her on a MOOSE hunt  across
the Inlet. But instead of a.....fabrics if itains are first  soaked in MILK.
beat egg whites quickly add a pinch.....MOOSE hunt  we went on a baby hunt.
For
Katie..
Soda Springs, Idaho Thursday,  April 03, 1941  707 k

Morning News Review - 4/2/1927
...Must  Have Had A Couple Of Shots Of Wild MOOSE MILK. BY BUD FISHER SOFT,  t
GRSAT..
Florence, South Carolina   Saturday, April 02,  1927  585 k

Morning News Review -  1/4/1927
...Confiscates Some left-Over New Year's Wild MOOSE MILK GOT A  JOB 6M Sew. A
PGVtwue He'S.....iuuill or too UirMe. pi -7 WANTED  Rcj-ulnr MILK cu.toinors
for pui't1 sweet MILK. Early.....us leave you  a qliart or niruT of our pure
MILK
. Karly morning aud late  afternoon..
Florence, South Carolina   Tuesday, January 04,  1927  628 k

Coshocton Tribune - 4/25/1927
...Bring  Results GUS IS INTENSELY FOND OF WILD MOOSE MILK AND RADIOS
Par-k'ius  snws S.T.OIl..
Coshocton, Ohio Monday, April 25, 1927  675  k

Zanesville Signal -  1/10/1929
...January 10, 1929 MUTT AND What Wild MOOSE MILK Does to a  Guy By Bud Fisher
r ooWT..
Zanesville, Ohio Thursday, January 10,  1929  896 k

Morning News Review -  10/13/1926
...Phone .'12 Residence Phone MUTT AND Wild MOOSE MILK Is a  Powerful Gargle,
SER THE..
Florence, South Carolina    Wednesday, October 13, 1926  581 k
13 October 1926,  MORNING NEWS REVIEW (Florence, South Carolina), pg. 7,
cols.  1-8:
_MUTT AND JEFF--__
_Wild Moose Milk Is a Powerful  Gargle._
_--BUD FISHER_
(Panel One.  Both men are at a bar and  hold drinks in their hands--ed.)
MUTT: JEFF, I DON'T  BELIEVE IN DRINKING BUT THE  DOCTOR TOLD US AN
OCCASIONAL SHOT OF  ALE IS WHAT WE NEED!  LUCKY I KNOW THIS SPEAKEASY  OWNER!
JEFF:  WELL, LET'S GARGLE!