"See Naples and Then Die" (1770)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 17 07:16:51 UTC 2007

I left out "then."
[The following is actually THE CHILDRENS FAIRY GEOGRAPHY by Forbes E.
WInslow (1880). Thanks a lot, Google Books!]
_Pomponii Melæ de situ orbis libri tres, recogn. opera J.  Reinoldii - Page
225_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=mGYDAAAAQAAJ&pg=RA1-PA225&dq="see+naples,+and+then+die"+date:1500-1850&num=100&ie=ISO-8859-1)
by Pomponius Mela, John Reynolds - 1761
Look,  children, there is the beautiful city, so famous that the Italians
have a
proverb, "See Naples, and then die!" We shall see Naples, but we hope  to be
_A Journey from London to Genoa,: Through England, Portugal,  Spain, and
France. - Page 306_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=eMEBAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA3-PA306&dq="see+naples,+and+then+die"&num=100&ie=ISO-8859-1)
by Giuseppe Marco Antonio Baretti -  1770
... See Naples and then die  ...