O.T.: Is there some trick to subscribing to NewspaperArchive?; Readex; ProQuest

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 18 19:02:32 UTC 2007

O.T.:
NEWSPAPERARCHIVE--
Again, NewspaperArchive is acting crappy lately. I Google Archive Search  for
"New Braunfels"+"San Antonio," but there not a single hit between the 1930s
and the 1990s? What happened to all the San Antonio Express material it
recently  digitized?
To top matters off, my NewspaperArchive subscription expired. I can't renew
online because the damn thing won't work. I've sent two e-mails to customer
service, but no one responds. I've called 1-888-845-2887, but no one gets back
to me. I WANT TO RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION!
What a business.
READEX AMERICA'S HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS
Check the title lists:
_http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn4.cfm_
(http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn4.cfm)
_http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn5.cfm_
(http://www.readex.com/readex/titlelists/ahn5.cfm)
It's June 18th, but the title list was last updated May 23rd. Everything is
still forthcoming? Does anyone get these titles with a university
subscription?
What a business.
PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS
Arnold asked about a New York Times citation (re: "Gotrox") that I  found
through Google News Archives. I cannot check it because, of course,  ProQuest
discontinued access to SABR (baseball) subscribers as of January 1st.  Maybe
someone else can check it for him.
What a business.