"to the extent that" for "to the effect that"

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Fri Jun 22 17:53:33 UTC 2007

>About your signature line, it should be noted that the official quote from
>the White House is "Destroying human life in the hopes of saving human life
>is not ethical." Apparently the prefix "un-" was just too difficult to
>attach to the base.
>
>Scot LaFaive
 ~~~~~~~
Good catch.  I find, looking back at the note I made at the time, that I
had writen "not ethical,"  but -- thinking I couldn't go wrong on such a
short  quote -- didn't refer to it when posting.
AM
Save the Earth:  .... Walk More ... Wash Less