query on _American Speech_ downloads

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 28 19:16:37 UTC 2007

Can anyone with more success than I have at this help me figure out
how ADS members can access back issues of _American Speech_ for free
downloads of articles?  I assume this would need to be through the
Duke U. Press Journals Online site, since the Project Muse access
offered by my (Yale) library doesn't allow me to save articles in a
form that can be opened with Adobe. Unfortunately, Duke U. Press
requires a "user name" or "customer number", and while it claims that
this information is available through mailing labels of the journal,
there's no obvious way in which either of these data can be
ascertained.  Duke U. Press does provide an e-mail address for
queries, HWfeedback at dukeupress.edu, but it doesn't seem to actually
respond to such queries.

LH