Spears

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 30 19:27:45 UTC 2007

Come on, Jon! Give me some slack! I been done quit playing with your
ass. You the best.

For dInIs: Hmm. As it happens, I don't know "Your ass!" as a short
form of "That's your ass!" I know the latter only in its full form,
usually as the conclusion of a threat or of the description of a bad
move that's going to leave someone in a world of hurt, such as:

Fuck with my old lady, man, and that's your ass! Now, I done told you!

Say what?! You done went and messed with Wavill's ['weivElz] old lady,
anyway?! After he done told you not to?! Damn, man! That's your ASS!!!

-Wilson

On 6/29/07, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Spears
>
> "Your ass!" is in HDAS.
>
>   JL "The Po-8."
>

> Dennis Preston <preston at MSU.EDU> wrote:

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens