v. tr. "suicide" [and "disappear"]

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu Mar 1 20:00:30 UTC 2007

As I recall the episode, Yossarian said something like, "They can't disappear him! It's ungrammatical." But the next day the person had been disappeared. (Was it The Soldier Who Saw Everything Twice? Yossarian, who has feigned seeing-everything-twice syndrome, now fears being disappeared himself, and he shouts, "I see everything once!")

Or so I seem to remember--many years later . . . .

--Charlie