to "spit-shine"

Towse my.cache at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 07:27:46 UTC 2007

On 3/4/07, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> To do a spit shine, you take a new or a clean(ed) boot / shoe and
> stick a hand into it to hold it in place. Then, with the other hand,
> taking a cotton ball such as women use to remove fingernail polish,
> you dab the surface of a can of Kiwi brand boot polish. Next, you spit
> on the boot / shoe and rub the dab of boot polish into the spittle,
> using a circular motion over a space no larger than a quarter.

Oh, good. Someone who spits.

When I learned to spit shine (1959 or so at a =tender= age), I was
taught to spit directly on the Kiwi boot polish and then rub up the
polish and spit and apply to leather.

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers
and the terminally curious <http://www.internet-resources.com/writers>