"blue-gum"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 8 15:08:43 UTC 2007

Ye know, they didn' have Dracula back in '87, so I'll betchee a spavined mule the poisonous BGN was pooty much the dadburn scaries' ol' booger they could think of.

  In them parts.

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: "blue-gum"

FWIW, except for a mention in the novel, "Mandingo," where I first
came across it, the only place that I've ever come across "blue(-)gum"
is on this listserv. As for the claim that we blue(-)gums have a
poisonous bite, this listserv is the only place where I've come across
it..

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-Wilson

-----
-Sam'l Clemens

Dope wil get you through times of no money better than money will get
you through times of no dope.
-----
-Free-Wheeling Franklin

 Get your own web address.