the "v-word" and friends in the NYT

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sun Mar 11 20:34:48 UTC 2007

It never occurred to me that Ms. Coulter intended the word "faggot" to be understood metaphorically! What would she have meant, metaphorically? That he's a sissy for opposing Bush's war? Or perhaps "faggot" in a juvenile and general sense of "somebody I don't like"? Except she was specifically relating Edwards to John Amaechi!

--Charlie