"Galbraith Score"

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 14 17:22:50 UTC 2007

The term "Galbraith score" is starting to get used on blogs in connection
with Alberto Gonzales.  I question its applicability to the current
administration, whose fanaticism would seem to require an upgrading of the
threshhold number to about twelve, but in the interest of science I report
the earliest evidence of the concept (not the precise phrase) that I have
found:

The Times (London)

May 13, 2003, Tuesday

SECTION: Features; 19

LENGTH: 643 words

HEADLINE: Long and short

BODY:
John Kenneth Galbraith once coined a law that "anyone who says he won't resign
four times, will".

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS
   Access and Lecturer in Legal Research     Yale University Press
Yale Law School                             ISBN 0300107986