Put lipstick on a pig (again) and cherry up

Mon Mar 19 18:56:18 UTC 2007

These two real estate idioms have been bouncing in my head for several
months, and I thought I should mention them.

"Lipstick on a pig" is in the archives, but I didn't find the real
estate term: To put lipstick on a pig means to fix up a dumpy house
superficially to fetch a better price. A nice paint job, beauty bark in
the yard, and other things like that.

To cherry up (a house) evidently means to pull out all the stops, to
make it really "sweet".

BB