Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers (BETA)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 22 16:15:16 UTC 2007

Can you get us a word count of top 10,000 words for 20,000,000 words of text
for an area paper in the past?  Then do it again for a current paper from
same area.  I'll compare popularity of word usage then and now for you.
Probably won't change.

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

>From: Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers (BETA)
>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:03:13 -0400

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG>
>Subject:      Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers (BETA)
>
>Just launched today:
>
>The National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress
>today announced that "Chronicling America: Historic American
>Newspapers" is debuting online with more than 226,000 pages of public
>domain newspapers from California, Florida, Kentucky, New York, Utah,
>Virginia, and the District of Columbia published between 1900 and
>1910. The text of the newspapers is fully searchable, and search
>terms can be limited to a particular state, a specific newspaper, by
>year or years of publication and even by months.
>
>Full press release:
>
>http://www.neh.gov/news/archive/20070321.html
>
>The newspapers:
>
>http://www.loc.gov/chroniclingamerica/
>
>Grant Barrett
>Double-Tongued Dictionary
>http://www.doubletongued.org/
>
>Listen to "A Way With Words," a lively Q&A show about language from
>KPBS!
>http://www.kpbs.org/words/

It’s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline