A new meaning for "Republican"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sun Mar 25 17:58:32 UTC 2007

Right. I misread the commentator's remarks.

Occasionally in recent years, it's been proposed for basketball to adopt an "advantage" rule similar to the one in soccer: If the calling of a foul would benefit the team committing the foul, then the referee must refrain from calling the foul.  The problem is the impossibility of the referee's foreseeing the outcome--as in the instance being discussed.

--Charlie