MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 1 01:16:18 UTC 2007

Well, can you say something like, "[1]That shit was a most
motherfucker!" without having to compose it, i.e. automatically, and
without any doubt that your hearers will understand completely? If you
can, then "motherfucker" is an integral part of your speech, in the
sense that I mean. As The Meters once put it, "[2]That shit be fire!"

[1]That was really interesting!
[2]That's (usually) attention-getting!

-Wilson

On 4/30/07, Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)
>
> >BTW, has "motherfucker," while i was sleeping, become the integral part of
> >white speeech that it is of black speech.
>
> I would think so. I've never thought of "motherfucker" as anything but
> native. Not sure what you mean by "integral."
>
> Scot LaFaive
>

> >From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> >To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> >Subject: Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)
> >Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:30:44 -0400
> >
> >---------------------- Information from the mail header
> >-----------------------
> >Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> >Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> >Subject:      Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Well, she was known as "Stifler's Mom." BTW, has "motherfucker," while
> >i was sleeping, become the integral part of white speeech that it is
> >of black speech, such that it would serve as the basis for new slang?
> >
> >-Wilson
> >
> >On 4/30/07, Baker, John <JMB at stradley.com> wrote:
> >-----------------------
> > > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> > > Poster:       "Baker, John" <JMB at STRADLEY.COM>
> > > Subject:      Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

> > >         American Pie, the 1999 movie that brought "milf" to a broad
> > > audience, used "mom," but most of the pre-American Pie cites on Google
> > > Groups use "mother."
> > >

> > > John Baker

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens