Early appearances of "irregardless"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 6 02:24:51 UTC 2007

My strong recollection is that by 1973 "Unfuck you" was already proposed as a "more logical" replacement of "Fuck you."  I never heard anyone actually use it, because it was also "more idiotic."

  Scores of Usenet exx., however.

  JL

James Harbeck <jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: James Harbeck
Subject: Re: Early appearances of "irregardless"

>Yes, and in fact there's also "unfuck".

Which could imply the possibility of giving (and getting) back
virginity... Literally, of course, fucking is not a reversible
action. But I've seen and used "unfuck" in humorous contexts enough
times. There's a popular quip seen mainly in email forwards but also
on buttons and so forth: "OK, I take it back. Unfuck you." I've also
used it to mean "make something no longer fucked up," as in undo some
damage that has been done, and that _is_ a reversible meaning, but I
don't think that's a very common usage.

James Harbeck.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.