Can sound be put in these messages?

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu May 10 03:25:17 UTC 2007

>What is your problem again?  If you don't like attachments, don't open them.
>   No big dieal.

Many people have POP email that downloads messages and attachments
together. They would end up receiving large audio files they don't
want, and some people still have dial-up, which could make the
download time rather long. They might be able to set their email so
that they have to go to their web email to download files over, say,
500 kb or 1 MB, but some people regularly have to receive certain
expected large files but don't want to receive unexpected large
files. And then there's the extra load on the server.

I agree that sound files would be an exceptionally useful adjunct to
list postings. But perhaps we can make use of a site such as MySpace
to post the sound files and just link to them from the emails. That
saves a lot of extra transmission traffic.

James Harbeck.