Can sound be put in these messages?

Dennis Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu May 10 10:32:04 UTC 2007

I agree with others that "uninvited" sound files,
especially for those whose systems are set to
accept messages and attachments, are no good. On
the other hand, a dialect society without sound
files! Unthinkable. Unfortunately, everyone who
has interesting data to share may not have access
to a site to direct interested parties to. I
suggest we look into a repository of our own
where we might store such items. If we were
careful in 1) limiting size and 2) specifying
formats, I believe we could get this done on our
website (which ADS-L senders could then simply
refer to). All who send such files, of course,
would also have to include a waiver form of some
sort indicating that they have permission to so
distribute their files (i.e., local IRB approval
or the like). A good discussion for the January
Meeting I believe.

dInIs