Work on regional variation in mass/count nouns? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon May 14 16:10:04 UTC 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

>  There appear to be some other regional
> differences -- like 'let's go have a beer' vs. 'let's go have
> some beers' -- where the latter is the norm here (and in the
> East?), but only the former was familiar to me growing up in
> the South.

I seem to remember Doug and Bob MacKenzie (from Second City TV) (two
very
stereotypical Canadians) talking about having "beers" -- maybe even in
their top-40 Christmas novelty song???