"early" ex. of initial "myself"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 18:08:41 UTC 2007

Thanks, Joel. "Lafayette" is what I was searching for. As for that
woman's name, it doesn't appear that I'm going to live long enough to
forget it. And she still has all of my LP's! In the words of the late,
great Sam Kinnison, "Bi-i-i-i-i-tch! Give me my records back!" Oh,
well.

-Wilson

On 5/14/07, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "early" ex. of initial "myself"
>
> At 5/14/2007 01:43 AM, Wilson wrote:
> >I once dated a (black) woman, Anglo-Saxon of name, from the Cajun
> >Capital of America in Louisiana - the name escapes me - who
> >occasionally said things like, "I don't believe that, no kind of way,
> >me."
>
> The Internet tells me the capital of Cajun Country is Lafayette --
> but if the name that escaped is the woman's, I regret I cannot help.
>
> Joel

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens
------
The tongue has no bones, yet it breaks bones.

                                           Rumanian proverb