Rock-paper-scissors redux

Sun May 20 17:11:32 UTC 2007

I'm saying that indeed "rochambeau" is *English* not French like the NYT
article claims. I don't think it's Japanese, either.

One possibility that occurred to me after writing last night was that
"rochambeau" could come as a rhyme derivation from "jan-ken-po".
Rochambeau was a famous character in the War for Independence, so I
could see American children changing the name from "jan-ken-po".

HTH BB