"purity ring"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu May 24 18:58:34 UTC 2007

At 2:38 PM -0400 5/24/07, Wilson Gray wrote:
>"Circle jerk"? That sounds as though it may be a synonym of "roun(d)
>poun(d)," an um-game in which a bunch of guys sit in a circle and each
>masturbates the guy to his left. The first one to ejaculate wins. (So
>I've been told. An Army buddy said that playing this um-game was the
>way in which he learned to masturbate.}
>
>-Wilson

I believe that the Hoyle's version of circle jerk calls for
um-self-expression, thus employing a related but not identical
rulebook.

I see (from the always unimpeachable wiki-source) that the purity
ring of TLW is a successor to the somewhat earlier "Silver Ring
Thing". As for True Love Waits itself, some empirical research
indicates that the True Love in question tends to be anatomically
rechanneled rather than truly waiting per se.

LH